Home > Personal > Altar Space

Altar Space

January 17, 2013 Leave a comment Go to comments

I decided to share pictures of my altar because of this post by The Pink Pagan. Most of you probably look at this and think, what the heck, that’s not an altar! Compared to a Wiccan altar mine is very UN-conventional. All the spiritual work I do is with Tarot and Crystals so that’s what takes up my altar space. Although I really do need a table soon! To me, an altar has no definitive setup. An altar can be any little space where you place objects that are special to you. It can be a place to relax, meditate, worship, and connect to your spirituality. And like The Pink Pagan said “…it should be sacred to you–not anyone else.

Click the photos below for a larger view.

About these ads
  1. January 18, 2013 at 1:39 am

Hello! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! Have a look on my post about it! http://beautybliss14.wordpress.com/2013/01/18/the-liebster-award/ x

• January 18, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Thank you! I think awards are a great way of spreading positive vibes and creating a community feeling among us bloggers :)

2. It's a Wiccan Life
    January 18, 2013 at 11:33 pm

I love the skelton key! and I kind of laughed when I read, “bird skull”. Not many people I think have skulls in their altar? I love all of your crystals, do you have a amethyst? They’re my favourite. One thing that I try to do is carry altar related things with me in my purse. Just things like ther rede and a amethyst. :)

• January 19, 2013 at 10:00 am

The skull is special to me! I found it on a hike. It might seem morbid to some people but I love it. Yes I have a couple Amethysts! I have so many rocks that don’t fit on my shelf, so I rotate them around and display different ones. Thanks for stopping by :D

3. January 19, 2013 at 11:13 am

Your alter space is beautiful. I’m stone-crazy too, and I love the twigs with the lights.

4. January 26, 2013 at 7:43 am

altar has too much of a religious and sacrificial connotation to me, I much prefer Sacred Space and my own I simply think of it as a naturescape honoring the beautiful world around me.

1. No trackbacks yet.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Three Hundred and Sixty-Six

A personal exploration of spirituality

Tarot Heritage

All about tarot history and historic decks

Pixiecraft: Adventures of Magick and Devotion

The Life of a Practicing Pagan and Traditional Witch

Wynn of All Trades

Craft ALL the things!

tarot in a teacup

a healthy brew of tarot wisdom

Kenda Once Again in Japan

Working and Living in Japan Without Her Spouse

Aubrey's Blog

What A Dear, Dear Day!

Indigo Visions

Helpful information to heal yourself & the planet

mentalnotes1

POETRY, RANDOM THOUGHTS AND STUFF LIKE THAT....

The Informed Pagan

promoting responsibility and integrity within the pagan community, through knowledge and awareness.

The Heartsongs Blog

Journeying back to my heart

The Love & Life Project

'the earth has music for those who listen...'

thepurplebroom

The Infinite, Insane and Inchoate Musings of a Raving Mad Witch

her sixth circle

dreams and tarot and searching

To the Forest!

My spiritual connection with trees through photos and musings.

The Pink Pagan

One nerdy girls opinion on all things Pagan

AngelaDiMare.com

I tell stories to make friends.

FEC-THis

Life after a tango with death & its best friend cancer

SageDoyle

Fiction & Poetry

Sunshine Breeze

A mix of fresh air and glowing sun light as I walk my own path

Fenland Wyldcraft

A solitary English Witch

Shamanic Drum

Shamanism, Tarot and the World in all its diversity

moderndayruth

Tarot inspired essays and more

jema

: tarot : dreams :

My Curious Cabinet

random nothingness whenever the fancy takes me

Wicked Emerald - Live From Montreal

I walked the road with no deviation.

Inner Soul Guidance

Spiritual Guidance, Tarot Readings, Love & Relationship Consultations, Quotes, Inspiration and much more ♥

Tarotized Quotes

Combining the Wisdom of Timeless Quotes and the Tarot

Spirits in the Material World

Messages from spirit, mediumship and a personal journey into the unknown

It's a Wiccan Life

Life through Wiccan eyes

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 107 other followers